Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life. - Proverbs 19:20
Yesterday, we talked about why we tend to resist advice and instruction. Today, we're talking about how we can receive advice and instruction once we have the wisdom to know we really need it.
1) Pray. The Bible says God will give wisdom to those who ask Him for it. So, if you need advice and instruction, simply ask God (James 1:5). For everything that follows, godly wisdom is going to be the most important factor.
2) Read. This is one of my favorite suggestions after prayer. Read! You can receive so much advice and instruction through reading, in many cases, for free too!
3) Videos. While I do believe you need to break from media, it does have its benefits. You can find a lot of useful videos that are instructive.
4) Mentors. Get some wise people in your life who can guide you. If you're the only one you're bouncing ideas off of, that's not good. You'll often think you have a great idea or often think you don't. Mentors will help you navigate your ideas and encourage you towards action or inaction for the time being. They're invested in you and want you to do well.
5) Study. All of the above could be used as a form of studying. Study in order to receive good advice and instruction.
After all is said and done, do! Put all this advice and instruction into action. The evidence of wisdom comes into play by putting this knowledge into use. Once you've put in the work at the front end, why not continue?